NELSON MANDELA : LONG WALK TO FREEDOM by Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow : “Never never and never ag
by Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow :
“Never never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the
oppression of one by another.
The sun shall never set on so glorious a human achievement."
1. What was the wish for the country ?
2. What does the expression - 'the sun shall never set here' imply ?
3. Which experience of oppression is referred to here ?
4. What does this beautiful land refer to ?
1) The wish for the country was that it should be free from the system of racial discrimination.
2)After this achievement, it should never become dark in there should be only happiness in the country.
3)The black people of Africa are suffering with the system of racial discrimination.
4)The beautiful land referred here is Africa.
hope it was helpful..